Hybrid Root SEAL is a dual-cure and a self-etching resin cement for root canal filling. It does not require any additional priming or acid-etching to the root canal dentin. Hybrid Root SEAL contains 4-META*, a high performance adhesive monomer that decalcifies tooth substrate and penetrates through the smear layer to form a hybrid layer.
- No Priming, Self-Etching
Handling is extremely easy.
- Any composite, any curing light
Halogen, Xenon (Plasma Arc) or even LED.
- Formation of Hybrid Layer
The hybrid layer is responsible for high bond strength to the root canal wall.
The safety and the biocompatibility of 4-META resin are promising through the long-term studies of Super-Bond C&B.
- Compatible with any conventional points
Hybird Root SEAL bonds to gutta percha points and any other available points.
- Excellent sealability
It creates high polymerization, especially in the interface between root canal walls and cement.
- No Priming, Self-Etching
Micro Tensile Bond Strength-
- EDTA/NaClo (60 Sec) : 14.5+/-2.8 MPa
- None : 17.7 +/- 4.2 MPa
- Immediately : 95-100%
- Durability : 95-100%
- Hybrid Root SEAL should not be used by clinicians or on patients who are methacrylate monomer-sensitive. If signs of irritation such as redness appear, stop using it immediately and consult a physician.
- Hybrid Root SEAL contains acidic methacrylate monomer. Avoid contact of the Hybrid Root SEAL components with soft tissue, skin or eyes. Use of rubber dam is recommended. Contaminated skin or mucosa should be wiped off immediately with alcohol and then rinsed thoroughly with copious amounts of running water. In some cases contaminated mucosa or gingiva may whiten, which will usually disappear in a few days. To minimize contamination during blowing or coating, place an evacuator near the treated tooth. If Hybrid Root SEAL contacts wet skin, the odor may remain. If the Hybrid Root SEAL components enter the eye, immediately rinse the eye thoroughly with running water. Then the patient should be examined by an ophthalmologist. Clinicians should use dental protective gloves.
- Use Hybrid Root SEAL only for the applications recommended in the instructions. 4.2 To get the best results
- Store Hybrid Root SEAL in a cool, dark and dry place away from heat and moisture sources, preferably in a refrigerator. High temperature, direct sunlight and high humidity should be avoided.
- Firmly recap the Liquid bottle and Powder jar immediately after use. To avoid contamination, do not mix the components with those of other materials, nor mix the bottle caps. After use, dispose of leftover material. Once dispensed, do not return the materials to their original container.
- 1 x 4.5ml Liquid
- 1 x 5g Powder
- 1 x Measuring Spoon
- 1 x Spatula
- 1 x Mixing Pad
There may be two separate reasons for the quick setting:
a) Hot instruments used
Hybrid Root SEAL was designed for cold obturation techniques. Heat will dramatically increase its setting speed and may even bond the point directly to the instrument.
b)Too much powder in the mix
The ratio of 3 drops to one level scoop of powder is important. Adding too much powder will reduce the sealer’s effectiveness and cause rapid setting.
If you prefer a thicker consistency, after spreading the mixed Hybrid Root SEAL into a thin layer, leave it on the pad for 2-4 minutes before using.
Do not add more powder as this will impair the performance and cause rapid setting.
If a metal spatula is used to mix the liquid and powder, the mixture often gets lumpy. Always use a plastic spatula.
Hybrid Root SEAL is heavily oxygen-inhibited and will NEVER set when spread thin on the pad. Provided you use it within 30 minutes of mixing, it will set in the canal.