V-PRIMER is a one-component primer for bonding to precious metals (including Au/Ag/Pd alloys). It is based on the newly developed adhesive monomer called “VTD”*, a derivative of triazine dithiol. To improve the bond durability to precious alloy, simply coat the metal surface with V-PRIMER prior to applying Super-Bond or any other adhesive resin cement. V-PRIMER eliminates the need for other bond-enhancing steps, such as heat treatment or tin plating.
* 6-(4-vinyl benzyl-n-propyl)amino-1,3,5-triazine-2,4-dithiol
- 1 x 8ml Dual Base V
- 1 x 0.7ml Catalyst
- 1 x 3g Powder Cervical A4
- 1 x 3g Powder Medium A3.5
- 1 x 3ml Teeth Primer
- Simple treatment
- No more tin plating or heat treatment
- Can be used intraorally
- V-PRIMER contains acetone as a solvent. Therefore, it should not be used by clinicians or on patients who are acetone-sensitive. Acetone is highly volatile. Use only in well ventilated area, and avoid inhaling the vapor. When applied intraorally, care should be taken to prevent inhalation of excessive vapor by the patient. (If a patient inhaled the vapor, move the patient to fresh air.)
- Avoid contact with soft tissue or eye. A rubber dam is recommended for intraoral use. Contaminated skin or mucosa should be rinsed with water thoroughly. If V-PRIMER enters the eye, rinse thoroughly with water immediately. The patient should then be examined by an ophthalmologist.
- Use V-PRIMER only for the applications recommended in this leaflet.
- Store V-PRIMER in a cool, dark place. Avoid high temperature, high humidity and direct sunlight.
- Recap immediately after each use to prevent evaporation of the highly volatile liquid.
- V-PRIMER is flammable. Do not store where it may be exposed to open flame
V-PRIMER solution contains 6-(4-vinyl benzyl-n-propyl)amino-1, 3, 5-triazine-2, 4-dithiol. (The tautomer of dithiol and dithione.) The monomer’s mercapto group reacts with the precious metal alloy and its vinyl group reacts with Super-Bond C&B to create strong, durable bonds.
Take care not to get any V-PRIMER onto the porcelain surface, as it may decrease the bond strength.
Dr. Mitsuo Nakamura
Nakamura Dental Clinic Chiba, Japan
Bonding precious metals to teeth with adhesive resin was believed to be impossible and complicated tinplating was inevitable 20 years ago.
V-PRIMER, one-bottle type primer, is an acetone solution with adhesive monomer called VTD that contains sulfur. It is so simple and effective. It was introduced into the dental market in 1994 and was the first metal primer in the world that could be used intraorally.